Monday, September 14, 2009

New outlook on life!


I love you Collin and Carson!!

Today was a life changing day for me. I have never been so scared for the life of one of my children or close family members. Here is what happened. Kim left my house around 2:30 to pick up her kids from school. She lives about 10 minutes away from me so she should have been to her school around 2:40. She took Collin with her, because of course he wanted to play with Carson some MORE. Around 3:20 I am pulling into my garage and my cell phone rings. It is Jason, my sister's husband. He asked me if I knew where Kim was because the kids are standing at the school and Kim is no where to be found. Did I mention that it is raining outside? I immediately think that Kim has been in a car accident between my house and the school. I tell the kids to get back in the car so we can drive to the school. As I approach a hill that is right before a stop light I envision fire trucks and ambulance just on the other side. I just know that Kim was badly injured because she is not answering her phone, no one can get a hold of her, and her children have not been picked up at the school. I'm looking for helicopters in the sky, listening for sirens, and saying a prayer. Plus shedding a few tears!!! Panic has set in. I finally reach a mutual friend who went up to the school to pick up Kim's boys, and there is Kim. A misunderstanding about where the boys are supposed to be and all panic breaks out.
Here is where the outlook on life changes, besides thinking my sister, nephew and son have died. Later that day Quinn, my 1 year old, throws the Wii remote in the toilet (Barry doesn't know yet) and it is ruined. Normally I would be upset and ask who left it out and give my kids the whole lecture about keeping things out of Quinn's reach. But instead, I was so grateful that Collin, Kim and Carson are alive and a Wii remote can be replaced. My family members can not be replaced. Life is too short to live it angry and upset over the little things when there is so much more suffering in the world. This has truly been a life changing day for me. Kiss your loved ones each and every day and don't fret the small stuff!!!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I am so glad everyone is ok! And glad to see you are blogging again!

Wardell Family said...

I love that post! This is seriously a lesson we all need to be reminded. I feel myself getting stressed and worked up over small things DAILY and Ty always reminds me that what is important is ok. Thanks for the reminder...again. I will catch on one of these days:) Glad they are okay!

Weekend of fun

Three plus one equals 4 and grandma

Three plus one equals 4 and grandma
Landon, Xander, Collin, Quinn and Grandma Bess