Grandma's truly are special, and we seem to take them for granted while they are here on the earth. My Grandma Bess will most likely pass into the next life this week, and I can't help but remember all the wonderful times we have had together. Her only son married my mom when I was 11 years old. She took my siblings and me in like we were her own from birth. I loved going to her house in Bryan, Texas because she always made me feel so special (and she was a good cook). Her and her sweet husband took us in and never looked back. I've always considered them my Grandma and Grandpa. They lived half a mile from me for 6 years, and I wish now I had spent more of my afternoons sitting with them in their garage chatting about life. I will never forget the times Barry and I went to McAllen and were able to sit in their home while both of them rocked in their rockers and told us about their life. They truly are special, and I am going to miss Grandma. The most beautiful thing about death is being reminded that families are eternal. It is such a blessing to know that my grandparents can see each other again one day. They are not sealed to one another, but I know they will be someday. Heavenly Father loves my grandmother very much, and He knows she has lived a wonderful life. Grandma, I love you and you will be missed by all you leave behind.
Monday, September 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Three plus one equals 4 and grandma
Landon, Xander, Collin, Quinn and Grandma Bess






4 comments:
That was beautiful. I think i'll go visit my "gigi" tomorrow and give her a big hug and kiss after reading that. I am so sorry she will not be with you much longer.
What a sweet post. I lost my Grammie over a year ago and it still feels like yesterday. How awesome that you have a testimony of what happens next. :)
Thanks for sharing your thoughts and memories of Grandma. You made me cry of happiness and sadness that we will have to live for a while without her. I am so grateful for our eternal family sis!
Oh Amber, this is such a sweet post. I have to admit that I teared up. I adore my grandmother as well. I think they are the best people. There is such a wonderful bond with grandma's and their granddaughters.
Post a Comment